Problems with kdepim4

Fernando Rodriguez frodriguez.developer at outlook.com
Mon May 25 11:54:52 PDT 2015

On Monday, May 25, 2015 11:54:27 AM René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> On Sunday May 24 2015 23:15:43 Fernando Rodriguez wrote:
> >Well I knew something was wrong with dbus because akonadi was throwing dbus
> >errors. It turned to be something else
>
> Anything that could be of potential interest to others here? (Or just me -
> I'm seeing if I can't get an additional X11-linked auto-start facility back
> into dbus on OS X...)
>
> R.

I posted how I got it working on my first post. I just tested and the first step
about copying the dbus launch daemon is not necessary. So the bus startup just
works, the problem is related to the way in which kmail starts akonadi, I
think it's because /opt/local/bin is not on kmail's process when it starts as
I can reproduce the same behaviour starting akonadi from a script that doesn't
have it. I think it akonadi was making two dbus calls in fast succession so I
ended up with two locked up dbus processes. I used this script from a
LaunchAgent to start akonadi on login, kwalletd is there because if I let
akonadi start it then it doesn't start fast enough and I'm prompted for my
email password (I use kwallet with a blank password):

#!/bin/bash
export PATH=/opt/local/bin:$PATH
akonadictl start
kwalletd