libjpeg vs. libjpeg-turbo

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Tue May 26 01:43:29 PDT 2015

On Monday May 25 2015 20:10:48 Ryan Schmidt wrote:

>Definitely not going to use port select for the jpeg libraries.
>
>It is inappropriate for the effects of port select to be used by other ports.

I liked the idea, and not at all the rigid adherence to dogma that so often appears here...

I have had the request to provide a port select feature for my qt4 and qt5 ports and implemented it because someone from the core team objected that port:qtchooser did what port select already could do (which isn't entirely true). Guess that was a waste of time then (and a confused core team member).