yosemite and 2008/9 macbookpro compatability, macports install settings for older architecture?

Lawrence Velázquez larryv at macports.org
Thu May 28 09:42:20 PDT 2015

On May 28, 2015, at 11:22 AM, René J.V. Bertin <rjvbertin at gmail.com> wrote:

> Was he doing a universal build? ImageMagick doesn't have +universal as a default variant, so I don't see why one would need universal_archs if one just wants or needs to build the entire tree in 32bit mode ...

MacPorts tries to remedy architecture mismatches by building dependencies +universal.

So the OP is trying to build ImageMagick x86_64. Its dependency libtool is already installed, but its architecture is unsatisfactory. MacPorts tries to fix this by rebuilding libtool +universal, but it notices that universal_archs doesn't contain "x86_64" and bails out.

vq