"`port -pf upgrade outdated` is incredibly unsafe" ??

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Thu May 28 14:02:58 PDT 2015

On Thu, 28 May 2015, Lawrence Velázquez wrote:

> Ignoring errors is a bad way to handle this situation. You should
> upgrade more often or uninstall some ports. (And report build failures
> to us, naturally.)

I do an update every week (same as my FreeBSD and Debian systems), and
naturally whenever I see a security advisory :-)  Is that sufficient?

--
Dave Horsfall DTM (VK2KFU)   "Those who don't understand security will suffer."
http://www.horsfall.org/spam.html (and check the home page whilst you're there)