yosemite and 2008/9 macbookpro compatability, macports install settings for older architecture?

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Thu May 28 14:45:54 PDT 2015

On Thu, 28 May 2015, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> No; the MacPorts default build_arch is x86_64 on Yosemite, but the user
> can override it by changing build_arch to i386 in macports.conf. In this
> case, the user probably didn't meant to do that, he just imported a
> pre-Snow Leopard Intel MacPorts installation onto his Yosemite Mac, and
> should now fully follow the Migration instructions to set things right.

Hmmm...  I've never touched macports.conf in my life (because I won't know
what I'm doing), but I see this:

-rw-r--r--  1 root  admin  5787 Dec  1  2010 macports.conf
-r--r--r--  1 root  admin  8248 Nov 22  2014 macports.conf.default

The first would be the original Snow Leopard file, and the second would be
Yosemite (with attendant differences in default build architectures).

Am I in trouble?  I've had no problems with ports.

--
Dave Horsfall DTM (VK2KFU)   "Those who don't understand security will suffer."
http://www.horsfall.org/spam.html (and check the home page whilst you're there)