poppler-qt4-mac

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat May 30 02:47:56 PDT 2015

On May 30, 2015, at 4:38 AM, Art McGee wrote:

> This is supposed to be fixed:
>
> https://trac.macports.org/ticket/47724

It is fixed; you're seeing a different problem entirely.

> But I still get this:
>
> :debug:extract Executing proc-post-org.macports.extract-extract-0
> :info:extract Cloning into 'test'...
> :info:extract fatal: unable to access 'http://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/poppler/test/': Couldn't resolve host 'anongit.freedesktop.org'
> :info:extract Command failed: /opt/local/bin/git clone --depth=1 http://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/poppler/test
> :info:extract Exit code: 128
> :error:extract org.macports.extract for port poppler-qt4-mac returned: command execution failed
>
> It was working fine for me before with git:// .

The error message doesn't say the protocol is the problem; it says resolving the hostname is the problem.

> For the record, I can access http://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/poppler/test/ just fine with a web browser.

I can't really explain how that could be the case. The same DNS resolution system should be used in either case.

Is there anything unusual about your network? Do you use a proxy server? Is there a corporate firewall involved? Antivirus software installed?