Cannot licence Xcodebuild

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 12:48:47 PST 2015

On Sun, Nov 1, 2015 at 3:29 PM, Dave Horsfall <dave at horsfall.org> wrote:

> Huh?  Xcode 3.2.6?  I've been steadily upgrading it for ages; my notes
> show:

You have (parts of?) an old Xcode that lived under /Developer still around;
later app bundle-based versions of Xcode (4.1 and later) don't clean up
after the old /Developer-based ones. There's a script in those that will
remove them, which you should run:

    sudo /Developer/Library/uninstall-devtools --mode=all

This shouldn't touch the newer version since it doesn't know about the app
bundle-based Xcode, although you might need to reinstall the command line
tools afterward to restore stuff in /usr/bin that it expected to be
symlinks into /Developer.