Updating php56-apache2handler gives configure error

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 07:28:46 PST 2015

On Mon, Nov 2, 2015 at 10:26 AM, Murray Eisenberg <murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
> wrote:

> > Hm. Sounds like a dangling link to a no longer installed perl --- but
> that's something that "port select" can cause but the perl5 port shouldn't.
> Confusing.
>
> Unless I'm misunderstanding something, "port select" does not work at all
> for perl:

It doesn't. But one of the shortcomings of the "port select" mechanism in
general is that there are circumstances where it leaves dangling symlinks
around; the variants-based mechanism used by the perl ports can't normally
do this, unless you've been playing games with --force or manually removing
stuff. So I'm confused as to how you managed to have an invalid
/opt/local/bin/perl.