p5.16-libapreq2 won't reinstall after migration to El Capitan - SOLVED!

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Mon Nov 2 08:14:38 PST 2015

Dear Murray,

On Mon, Nov 2, 2015 at 4:20 PM, Murray Eisenberg wrote:

> The issue re p5.16-libapreq2 is solved!  After the migration, I had never activated a version of perl5 by doing "sudo install perl5 +perl5_16. Not doing that seems to be what caused failure to build mod_perl2 and hence prevented subsequent installation of p5.16-libapreq2.
>
> (I do still wish a port p5.20-libapreq2 were available, so that I would not need to deal with the older versions of perl5.)

I just added it now (you could try to switch to 5.22, else you'll be
"outdated" soon again).

You will have to uninstall or deactivate p5.16-libapreq2, install
"perl5 +perl5_22" and "mod_perl2 +perl5_22" and finally install
p5.22-libapreq2.

Then again it might be nice to get some feedback. Running the
testsuite on p5.22-libapre2 fails for some tests. I got rid of some
failures by upgrading mod_perl2 to 2.0.9, but some failures remain.

Mojca

(PS: you might have to wait for half an hour for the port definitions
to catch up if you are using rsync for selfupdate)