Volunteer for a workshop on "setting up your own buildbot/buildslave"?

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Tue Nov 10 08:13:40 PST 2015

On Tue, Nov 10, 2015 at 3:26 PM, Daniel J. Luke wrote:
> On Nov 10, 2015, at 5:42 AM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>> You could presumably edit archive_sites.tcl to add another packages server IP address.
>
> or just modify $prefix/etc/archive_sites.conf
>
> see also https://trac.macports.org/wiki/howto/ShareArchives2

I've seen this page recently and was thinking about someone willing to
check this page + check the installation and configuration of the
buildbot software, so that we could play with it during the meeting
(hopefully we will manage to find some older/spare MacPro somewhere to
test it on).

>> I think interest in PowerPC systems is truly very low at this time.
>
> These machines no longer run a version of Mac OS X that receives security updates from Apple -

True. But for the few that do have them, even if just for fun, having
a working MacPorts available is almost the only way to get decent and
recent software running on them.

And you should not entirely ignore the "coolness" factor of them and
the joy that some developers have while fixing problems for those
legacy machines.

> and don’t run one of the 2 major OS releases we support per policy (current, previous).

Despite this being the official policy some time ago, I don't think
that anyone takes this 100% seriously and/or closes the tickets for
build problems on < 10.10 as invalid, particularly now that Apple
switched to one-year release cycles.

On the contrary the latest OS is usually the "most broken one" (and
without binary packages), sometimes for months after the release.

Mojca