openssl vs. libressl

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 12:53:06 PST 2015

On Friday November 13 2015 11:30:59 Jeremy Huddleston Sequoia wrote:

> I don't understand what you mean here.  These methods *force* the use of SSLv2 even if secure alternatives are available:
>
> qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot resolve SSLv2_client_method
> qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot resolve SSLv2_server_method

They surely do when you call them, but not when you only resolve them, i.e. load them dynamically. As I have tried to point out before, Qt loads these and most if not all optionally supported SSL functions dynamically. It is then up to the user to decide what s/he is actually going to use; see QSslContext::fromConfiguration().

It is perfectly possible to exclude support for SSL2 (since 2012) and SSL3 (since this year), btw.