Variant conflicts

Eric A. Borisch eborisch at macports.org
Wed Nov 18 15:09:41 PST 2015

Try this first:

port echo active and variant:quartz and variant:x11 \
  | sed -n -e '/\+quartz/d;s/@[^+-]*//;s/\+x11/-x11+quartz/p' \
  | xargs -n 2

If it looks reasonable (each output line should be <port> <variants> with
no portion of the version string before the variant selections; could
happen if a version includes a dash or plus), then running this (below)
should do it. (Otherwise, just do it manually; likely not too many.)

port echo active and variant:quartz and variant:x11 \
  | sed -n -e '/\+quartz/d;s/@[^+-]*//;s/\+x11/-x11+quartz/p' \
  | sudo xargs -n 2 port install

Good luck!
  - Eric