PortIndex failing for a few ports due to hdf5 not active

Adam Mercer ram at macports.org
Thu Nov 19 09:34:26 PST 2015

Hi

When I recently updated a 10.11 machine I noticed the following during
a port sync:

Creating port index in
/opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/tarballs/ports
Failed to parse file science/cdo/Portfile: Registry error: hdf5 not
registered as installed & active.
Failed to parse file science/hdfeos5/Portfile: Registry error: hdf5
not registered as installed & active.
Failed to parse file science/ncarg/Portfile: Registry error: hdf5 not
registered as installed & active.

Surely generating the PortIndex shouldn't require that dependent ports
are installed?

Cheers

Adam