Wine Issue

Mark Hart professormrh at gmail.com
Sun Nov 22 16:12:00 PST 2015

I'm currently using wine-devel @1.8-rc1_0 on my mid 2015 MBP running
10.11.1.  I like to run Notepad ++, WinVice, Windows Notepad, and a few
other applications under Wine.  Up until recently they have worked
perfectly.  Now, when running any of these, if I switch to an OS X
application and then switch back, they get the spinning ball of death and I
have to force quit out of Wine.

Example:  I'm writing some code in Notepad ++, I switch to an OS X
application, copy some text, and then switch back to Notepad ++ all I get
is the spinning ball of death.

I have deleted my drive_c folder and allowed Wine to recreate it and then
install a fresh copy of my Windows apps to see if that solves the issue.
No change.

I would estimate that this has occurred for the last few development Wine
builds.  However, I'm not sure if it is a Wine issue or a MacPorts issue.

Has anyone here encountered this problem?

Any suggestions would be welcome.

I apologize in advance if this isn't the place to post this.

Thank you,
Mark