Wine Issue

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Nov 23 18:07:59 PST 2015

On Nov 23, 2015, at 10:48 AM, William H. Magill wrote:

> 1- Support for WINE is primarily based on the specific Application.
> See:  https://www.winehq.org/help/

Surely the wine project will accept any valid bug report even if it is not about a specific application.

> 2- I don’t have see that problem with WINE as I don’t use it that often anymore, however, I see it constantly with OSX application to OSX Application in El Capitan.
>
> Just today, I had Mail crash to the desktop while trying to address a message using a 15 person Contacts list.
>
> I get the spinning-beachball effect CONSTANTLY now with El-Capitan with standard OSX apps as well as others.
> To me it appears that it has to do with Apple’s memory management and its attempts to integrate OSX with iCloud.

This doesn't sound like it has anything to do with Mark's question. Everyone else I've spoken to has said El Capitan is faster than Yosemite so I suspect something unique to your computer causing your delays, though I can't speculate what that might be.