Darwin Version

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Thu Oct 1 07:08:03 PDT 2015

On 2015-10-01 15:43, Bachsau wrote:
> Hi, could anyone please tell me where MacPorts saves on which
> operating system version it was installed, so i can bump it? It says
> "Current platform 'darwin 15' does not match expected platform
> 'darwin 14'". I read the Migration instructions, but sorry. No. It is
> idiotic to reinstall all of my stuff. I'm pretty sure that if I could
> get rid of that useless message, everything would work pretty well.

It may appear to be still working right now, but there is no guarantee
that it will work at all. Even if it seems to be working now, later
updates will cause problems. For example updates will link to a
different set of new system libraries.

Although cumbersome, the migration procedure ensures that everything
keeps working after upgrading to a new OS X release.

Rainer