Darwin Version

Richard L. Hamilton rlhamil at smart.net
Sat Oct 3 10:39:52 PDT 2015

> Btw, what I would actually consider a bug is that running /usr/bin/env (or
> printenv) now no longer show any DYLD_* variables that may be set in your
> environment. Previously we would ask users to run env | grep DYLD_ to check
> for environment variables if they had trouble executing binaries installed
> using MacPorts. I guess we'll go with (set -o posix; set) | grep DYLD_ now,
> even though that's not the same.

Hmm, I'm not seeing that:

13:34:19[800]lapple:/Users/rlhamil> echo $0
/bin/ksh
13:34:23[801]lapple:/Users/rlhamil> /usr/bin/env|grep DYLD
DYLD_FORCE_FLAT_NAMESPACE=1
DYLD_INSERT_LIBRARIES=/Users/rlhamil/lib/use_editres.dylib

(that's something I had done years ago to enable editres support on X11 Xt based programs in cases where neither Xt nor the program explicitly enabled editres support...by wrapping a couple of libXt functions; although oddly, it doesn't seem necessary anymore; maybe libXt was built more recently, with editres enabled?)