Darwin Version

Richard L. Hamilton rlhamil at smart.net
Sat Oct 3 13:30:26 PDT 2015

> On Oct 3, 2015, at 14:41, Brandon Allbery <allbery.b at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Sat, Oct 3, 2015 at 2:39 PM, Clemens Lang <cal at macports.org <mailto:cal at macports.org>> wrote:
> > Same thing, but as seen in the 2nd case, no com.apple.rootless attribute, no
> > restricted (or hidden) flags. :-)
>
> Mounts are a nice idea, but not possible without root privileges, and that leaves
> out everybody that uses a user-only installation of MacPorts. So this could only
> be done as an optimization, and I'm not sure it's worth it then. Cache
> invalidation would definitely be easier with it, though…
>
> ...but at some point the NFS server must access the file, in the original filesystem where all of those exist and will be enforced.

But it's so easy to test that theory:    :-)
sh-3.2# dtruss /bin/sh
dtrace: failed to execute /bin/sh: dtrace cannot control executables signed with restricted entitlements
sh-3.2# dtruss /net/localhost/bin/sh
sh-3.2# SYSCALL(args) 		 = return
thread_selfid(0x0, 0x0, 0x0)		 = 867702 0
csops(0x0, 0x0, 0x7FFF563BF720)		 = 0 0
issetugid(0x0, 0x0, 0x7FFF563BF720)		 = 0 0