port not installed according to registry, yet depends_lib didn't "react"?

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 09:36:24 PDT 2015

On Thursday October 08 2015 12:03:32 Brandon Allbery wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 8, 2015 at 11:55 AM, René J.V. <rjvbertin at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I *really* that my update to 2.3.4 yesterday (from source) didn't cause
> > ports to be dropped from the registry!

I meant the registry of installed ports, the much more complex one to restore.

> An update to a python module port broke portindex. I believe they're
> working on getting it fixed.

Ouch, that's what you get from depending on "internal" software and not on something stable provided by the host :)
I sure hope they're working to fix what they broke!

Portindex is for indexing the available ports in a ports tree; is it also used to maintain the (sqlite) reqistry of what ports are actually installed? Fixing a broken portindex through a port update will be tricky, if the breakage is serious enough, btw.

What module and update were that? I have only updated base, but not done the usual selfupdate/upgrade outdated (since a long time, actually), so I should have noticed this before if it's not a recent update.

R.