Problem installing mkvtoolnix

Tom Armitage tom at expat.dyndns.org
Sun Oct 11 02:58:54 PDT 2015

Hi all,

I have been trying to install mkvtoolnix and it keeps failing at the linking stage with the following error:

mtx::xml::ebml_chapters_converter_c::fix_display(libmatroska::KaxChapterDisplay&) const in libmtxcommon.a(ebml_chapters_converter.o)
:info:build ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture x86_64
:info:build clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
:info:build Command failed:  cd "/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_multimedia_mkvtoolnix/mkvtoolnix/work/mkvtoolnix-7.9.0" && ./drake default -j2 V=1
:info:build Exit code: 1
:error:build org.macports.build for port mkvtoolnix returned: command execution failed
:debug:build Error code: CHILDSTATUS 1153 1
:debug:build Backtrace: command execution failed
    while executing
"system -nice 0 $fullcmdstring"
    ("eval" body line 1)
    invoked from within
"eval system $notty $nice \$fullcmdstring"
    invoked from within
"command_exec build"
    (procedure "portbuild::build_main" line 8)
    invoked from within
"portbuild::build_main org.macports.build"
    ("eval" body line 1)
    invoked from within
"eval $procedure $targetname"
:info:build Warning: targets not executed for mkvtoolnix: org.macports.activate org.macports.build org.macports.destroot org.macports.install
:notice:build Please see the log file for port mkvtoolnix for details:
    /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_multimedia_mkvtoolnix/mkvtoolnix/main.log

Trac.macports.org has been down all weekend (at least for me) so I have not been to research how to fix the problem.

All I can figure out is that it is due to linking against the wrong library, but how do you fix it??

Any help appreciated!

Thanks,
Tom