(sudden) failure linking kleopatra (from KDE4 KDE PIM)

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sun Oct 11 14:06:01 PDT 2015

On Sunday October 11 2015 22:28:31 René J.V. Bertin wrote:

Okay ....

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/27680418/clang-trouble-using-bind-or-mem-fn-with-stringc-str-and-transform

I think I'm beginning to understand a bit better what's going on here.

Some time after the earlier successful build I mentioned, I changed my CMake Portgroup, so projects get configured with -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=MacPorts . The idea was to copy from Debian: avoid a CMake preset, so that it takes CFLAGS, CXXFLAGS etc. from the environment, and uses CMAKE_C*_FLAGS (instead of, say, CMAKE_C*_FLAGS_RELEASE).

*Apparently* this isn't a good idea with KDE's cmake scripts. I hadn't noticed, but NONE of my own (nor MacPort's) compiler options had been taken into account, so I was building with an implicit -O0 ... which explains the error.

Back to the drawingboard (but at least now I have an idea how to get things working again!)

R.