about fragmentation (of free disk space)

Michael David Crawford mdcrawford at gmail.com
Sun Oct 11 20:57:08 PDT 2015

In principle a highly fragmented disk has less payload capacity, and
will be slower to access because of all the indirect blocks.

I don't know whether that makes a real-world difference.
Michael David Crawford P.E., Consulting Process Architect
mdcrawford at gmail.com
http://mike.soggywizard.com/

      One Must Not Trifle With Wizards For It Makes Us Soggy And Hard To Light.