Problem installing macports

Sepideh Razavi razavi.sepideh at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 10:38:39 PDT 2015

So I tried cleaning all the ports using  "port clean --all all" and it
didn't help. Also uninstalled macports and built it again from the source
but still get the same error no matter what port I am trying to install.
For instance when grabbing vim I get:

hawkeye:MacPorts-2.3.3 srazavi$ sudo port install vim

--->  Computing dependencies for vim

--->  Dependencies to be installed: gettext expat libiconv ncurses

--->  Fetching archive for expat

--->  Attempting to fetch expat-2.1.0_0.darwin_14.x86_64.tbz2 from
http://packages.macports.org/expat

--->  Attempting to fetch expat-2.1.0_0.darwin_14.x86_64.tbz2.rmd160 from
http://packages.macports.org/expat

Warning: Failed to verify signature for archive!

Error: org.macports.archivefetch for port expat returned: archivefetch
failed for expat @2.1.0_0

Error: Failed to install expat

Please see the log file for port expat for details:

/opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_textproc_expat/expat/main.log

Error: The following dependencies were not installed: gettext expat
libiconv ncurses

To report a bug, follow the instructions in the guide:

    http://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets

Error: Processing of port vim failed

One more thing to add is that I am still unable to install macports from
the package file but was able to install it through the source and update
it to version 2.3.4. I am not sure what is defective in my installed
macport that I can not grab any port using it. Any ideas?

Thanks!
Sepideh

--
Sepideh Razavi