Problem installing macports

Bill Christensen billc_lists at greenbuilder.com
Mon Oct 12 16:24:55 PDT 2015

On 10/12/15 5:39 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> On Oct 12, 2015, at 12:38 PM, Sepideh Razavi wrote:
>
>> So I tried cleaning all the ports using  "port clean --all all" and it didn't help. Also uninstalled macports and built it again from the source but still get the same error no matter what port I am trying to install. For instance when grabbing vim I get:
>>
>> hawkeye:MacPorts-2.3.3 srazavi$ sudo port install vim
>> --->  Computing dependencies for vim
>> --->  Dependencies to be installed: gettext expat libiconv ncurses
>> --->  Fetching archive for expat
>> --->  Attempting to fetch expat-2.1.0_0.darwin_14.x86_64.tbz2 from http://packages.macports.org/expat
>> --->  Attempting to fetch expat-2.1.0_0.darwin_14.x86_64.tbz2.rmd160 from http://packages.macports.org/expat
>> Warning: Failed to verify signature for archive!
> Can you use the debug flag (-d) to show us more about why the signature verification failed?
>
> sudo port -d install vim

I'm seeing similar on several machines when trying to selfupdate MacPorts:

 > sudo port -d -v selfupdate
DEBUG: Copying /Users/billc/Library/Preferences/com.apple.dt.Xcode.plist
to /opt/local/var/macports/home/Library/Preferences
DEBUG: MacPorts sources location:
/opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/tarballs
--->  Updating MacPorts base sources using rsync
receiving file list ... done

sent 36 bytes  received 69 bytes  4.29 bytes/sec
total size is 27013120  speedup is 257267.81
receiving file list ... done

sent 36 bytes  received 76 bytes  4.57 bytes/sec
total size is 512  speedup is 4.57
DEBUG: failed verification with key
/opt/local/share/macports/macports-pubkey.pem
DEBUG: openssl output: Verification Failure
child process exited abnormally
DEBUG: Failed to verify signature for MacPorts source!
     while executing
"macports::selfupdate [array get global_options] base_updated"
Error: Failed to verify signature for MacPorts source!
To report a bug, follow the instructions in the guide:
     http://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets
Error: /opt/local/bin/port: port selfupdate failed: Failed to verify
signature for MacPorts source!