Problem installing macports

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Oct 13 14:22:37 PDT 2015

On Oct 13, 2015, at 6:55 AM, Sepideh Razavi wrote:

> So I cleaned all the ports and uninstalled macports, then built again from the source. Again run into signature verification failure step but this time even at the self update step (where I had no issues before):
>
> hawkeye:1-Analysis srazavi$ sudo port -v -d selfupdate
> DEBUG: Copying /Users/srazavi/Library/Preferences/com.apple.dt.Xcode.plist to /opt/local/var/macports/home/Library/Preferences
> DEBUG: MacPorts sources location: /opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/tarballs
> --->  Updating MacPorts base sources using rsync
> receiving file list ... done
>
> sent 36 bytes  received 69 bytes  70.00 bytes/sec
> total size is 27013120  speedup is 257267.81
> receiving file list ... done
>
> sent 36 bytes  received 76 bytes  224.00 bytes/sec
> total size is 512  speedup is 4.57
> DEBUG: failed verification with key /opt/local/share/macports/macports-pubkey.pem
> DEBUG: openssl output: Verification Failure
> child process exited abnormally
> DEBUG: Failed to verify signature for MacPorts source!
>     while executing
> "macports::selfupdate [array get global_options] base_updated"
> Error: Failed to verify signature for MacPorts source!
> To report a bug, follow the instructions in the guide:
>     http://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets
> Error: /opt/local/bin/port: port selfupdate failed: Failed to verify signature for MacPorts source!

Yes, we know about this problem and are waiting for the server administrator to resolve it.

https://trac.macports.org/ticket/49233

Your original problem was, as far as I could tell, unrelated, and we need you to run a port installation with the debug flag (such as "sudo port -v install bzip2") to see what the problem was there.