Why was guile18 attempted when I told it not to?

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Sun Oct 18 15:30:57 PDT 2015

On Sun, 18 Oct 2015, Brandon Allbery wrote:

> Yes, that would be revupgrade detecting that something was broken and
> triggering an automatic rebuild. Take a look at "revupgrade_mode" in
> /opt/local/etc/macports/macports.conf. (If it's not in there, then look
> at macports.conf.default in the same directory, and while you're at it
> compare it to your existing macports.conf and add any settings missing
> from that.)

#revupgrade_mode        rebuild

I guess that's the culprit; how should it be nobbled?  Or perhaps "not"
should be honoured instead?

BTW, I never touch any system stuff, and that includes the macports files
(I know my limits).  Mac has /opt/local, FreeBSD has /usr/local, dunno
what Linux has (never installed custom software), and I have no idea how
Wintel does it (and have no wish to know).