Modification of .profile

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Tue Oct 20 01:17:33 PDT 2015

On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 11:10 AM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> But I would think most if not all users would want the MacPorts prefix to be in their path. And if there's a problem where MacPorts modifies the profile even if the MacPorts prefix is already in the path, then that could be a bug that we should fix.

I'm almost sure that this is the case. I often find spurious additions
of /opt/local in "~/.bash_profile" when the PATH was already set there
previously. The last time this happened to me was when I first
installed MP on 10.11 from source and the new version with installer
became available a few hours later. I don't remember whether I used
the installer or "--selfupdate" (most likely it was the installer),
but I already had MP in PATH and the installer/updater just made a
backup copy of the old .bash_profile file and added an additional
/opt/local at the end of the file.

Mojca