openssl - could not find the C header files

Frank Röhm francwalter at gmx.net
Tue Oct 20 12:48:06 PDT 2015

> Am 18.10.2015 um 09:44 schrieb Jeremy Huddleston Sequoia <jeremyhu at macports.org>:
>
> No, OS X does not ship with Libressl.  OS X 10.11 ships with OpenSSL 0.9.8zg at /usr/lib/libssl.0.9.8.dylib and OpenSSL 0.9.7l at /usr/lib/libssl.0.9.7.dylib.  These binaries are present to maintain binary compatibility. OpenSSL was deprecated about 5 years ago on OS X.

Anyway, I gave up compiling it myself and installed tor 0.2.6.9_1 through MacPorts.
To keep all my stuff I just copied then the tor binary to the previous tor 0.2.6.6 (git-bb8c4e69ca5c8bca), which I compiled myself before.

mv /usr/local/bin/tor /usr/local/bin/tor.old
cp /opt/local/bin/tor /usr/local/bin/
chown f.staff /usr/local/bin/tor

now the “new” tor is running and works with all my old settings.

Thank you for the help!
frank