thanks!

Stan Sanderson stansand at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 15:17:51 PDT 2015

As you guessed, I tried every trick in the book. The Apple Genius even disconnected the battery to do a forced SMC reset, but the fans continued full blast.

I’m a retired (2002) physics teacher who was trained by Apple to service Apple IIe computers in 1983 (actually got to play with a Lisa!) and continued doing all the (authorized) Apple repair for my school district until 2008. I’m not used to being on the other side of the counter!

Thanks for the response.