checksum errors and non accessible wiki

Mihai Moldovan ionic at macports.org
Thu Oct 22 11:20:50 PDT 2015

On 22.10.2015 08:18 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>> If SourceForge was sending a 404 Not Found HTTP status code, that would not be a problem for MacPorts. It's only a problem if SourceForge was sending a 200 OK HTTP status code but delivering an HTML file instead of the distfile we requested, and in that case, MacPorts would print a message stating that the file it got was an HTML file. That was not stated in the error shown above.
>
> Oh sorry, I was thinking of a different thread. That *was* stated in the error above.  But we haven't seen what the HTML file says...

Yes. It looks like they sent "fake" 404 error messages as "real" webpages with
status 200, confusing everybody. The original message in this thread has had a
warning regarding this in its output, for the other thread we never saw how the
distfile was fetched, so it stands to reason that the warning also came up there
at fetch time.

Mihai