p5.16-libapreq2 won't reinstall after migration to El Capitan

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Tue Oct 27 15:27:27 PDT 2015

On Tue, Oct 27, 2015 at 11:03 PM, Murray Eisenberg wrote:
> After migrating macports from Yosemite to El Capitan, installing p5.16-libapreq2 failed during build its all-too-tamiliar error:
>
>   Can't locate ModPerl/MM.pm in @INC
>
> Following a recommendation when the same thing happened under Yosemite, with the reinstalled macports under El Capitan I did follow the same procedure:
>
>   * install perl5 with a variant that corresponds to the perl version you want to use
>
>     I think I got this right; I have:
>
>         perl5 @5.16.3_0+perl5_16
>         perl5 @5.16.3_0+perl5_20 (active)
>
>   * forcibly rebuild mod_perl2 from source (i.e. "sudo port -ns upgrade --force mod_perl2") or if you have not yet installed mod_perl2, install it from source (i.e. "sudo port -s install mod_perl2")
>
>     I did the force rebuild of mod_perl2.
>
>   * install the p5-libapreq2 support for the perl version you want to use
>
>     I tried "sudo port install p5.16-libapreq2", which failed.
>

> Also, I note that there no longer seems to be any p5.20-libapreq2 port available.
>
> How fix??

If you want to keep using perl5perl +perl5_20, then you need to
install mod_perl2 +perl5_20 and p5.20-libapreq2. I have no clue why
p5.20-libapreq is missing and thin could be fixed.

If you want to switch to 5.16, you need to install perl5 +perl5_16,
then mod_perl2 +perl5_16 and finally p5.16-libapreq2.

Mojca