website problem

Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf lars.sonchocky-helldorf at hamburg.de
Fri Sep 4 14:21:31 PDT 2015

Meanwhile, the rest of the macport servers are now down too …

I get this when trying to selfupdate:

localhost:~ lars$ sudo port -v selfupdate
--->  Updating MacPorts base sources using rsync
rsync: getaddrinfo: rsync.macports.org 873: nodename nor servname provided, or not known
rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at /SourceCache/rsync/rsync-40/rsync/clientserver.c(105) [receiver=2.6.9]
Command failed: /usr/bin/rsync -rtzv --delete-after rsync://rsync.macports.org/release/tarballs/base.tar /opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/tarballs
Exit code: 10
Error: Error synchronizing MacPorts sources: command execution failed
To report a bug, follow the instructions in the guide:
    http://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets
Error: /opt/local/bin/port: port selfupdate failed: Error synchronizing MacPorts sources: command execution failed
localhost:~ lars$