Writing portfiles: How to download a master.zip and not a master.zip.tar.gz

Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf lars.sonchocky-helldorf at hamburg.de
Sun Sep 6 17:34:36 PDT 2015

Am 06.09.2015 um 23:48 schrieb Clemens Lang:

> Hi,
>
> ----- On 6 Sep, 2015, at 23:33, Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf lars.sonchocky-helldorf at hamburg.de wrote:
>
>> I have the following entries in a local portfile:
>> -----
>> homepage            http://torch.ch/
>> master_sites        https://github.com/torch/torch7/archive/
>> distname            master.zip
>> -----
>
> If you're using software from github, you should use the github PortGroup:
>
> PortGroup    github 1.0
> # Using a commit hash because the repo doesn't have tags
> # You should ask upstream to tag releases
> github.setup torch torch7 9e1b9dd15bbad3ee5cbd6440322ac3c3a368d631
> # version defaults to the third argument of github.setup, but that's not
> # monotonic, use a date instead.
> version      2015-09-06
>
> That should automatically set up master_sites and distname for you.
>

> --
> Clemens Lang

Thanks to your help I am now one step further. Now it fails when trying to configure the port:

--->  Configuring torch
sh: ./configure: No such file or directory
Command failed:  cd "/opt/local/var/macports/build/_Volumes_Data_Projects_MacPorts_ports_science_torch/torch/work/torch7-9e1b9dd15bbad3ee5cbd6440322ac3c3a368d631" && ./configure --prefix=/opt/local
Exit code: 127
Error: org.macports.configure for port torch returned: configure failure: command execution failed

This happens because this whole project is based on a rather weird build system with shell scripts downloaded from remote hosts and executed locally, it uses homebrew, cmake and luarocks to build the whole thing …

https://github.com/torch/ezinstall

or a supposedly newer way like this:

https://github.com/torch/distro/blob/master/install.sh

with the whole build system as an separate project: https://github.com/torch/distro

I managed to work around homebrew for now. I have no idea how to skip the configure phase of macports nor how to invoke install.sh later … any ideas?

regards,

	Lars