Versions in ports

Artur Szostak aszostak at partner.eso.org
Tue Sep 15 03:18:38 PDT 2015

> If there is any documentation advocating upgrading individual ports,
> or especially documentation advocating downgrading a port, please send
> us the URL so that we can correct the information.

How about the manpage. When looking at the description of the upgrade command there is not a single notice or disclaimer that upgrading an individual port is not recommended because it can lead to problems. I would also expect it to mention that the standard way to upgrade is always: port upgrade outdated