About mozjs24 being built

Clemens Lang cal at macports.org
Sun Apr 3 07:45:46 PDT 2016

Hi,

On Sun, Apr 03, 2016 at 04:05:02PM +0200, Clemens Lang wrote:
> Doesn't seem like it will:
>
> $ port_binary_distributable.tcl -v mozjs24
> "mozjs24" is not distributable because its license "mpl" conflicts with license "GPL-3+" of dependency "gdbm"

Actually, mozjs24's license is MPL-2.0, which is -- according to the
FSF's interpretation of things [1] -- compatible with GPL-3. Our license
check tooling, however, explicitly marks all MPL licenses as
incompatible with all GPL licenses [2]. I think that's a bug.

The GPL <-> MPL conflict was already there in the inital script
committed 5 years ago by Josh [3]. Josh, do you agree this is a bug?

[1] http://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.en.html#MPL-2.0
[2] https://trac.macports.org/browser/trunk/base/portmgr/jobs/port_binary_distributable.tcl?marks=91#L85
[3] https://trac.macports.org/changeset/75780

--