WebKit2-GTK: quartz VS XQuartz

Andrea Giammarchi andrea.giammarchi at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 00:06:15 PDT 2016

Thanks Dave, the multi backend seems like the best approach to me.

For what I've seen, the difference between building for gtk3 doesn't
require gtk2 while by default, the X11 targeted webkit2-gtk brings in gtk2.

I'm not sure it's a WebKit issue because like I've said building for gtk3
+quartz works without problems, it looks like something is missing/wrong on
the default build.
However, I will try Epiphany and see how it goes (btw, my primary, default,
platform is GNOME on ArchLinux so I'm sure Web there is OK and everything I
write is tested there first)

I have an old mac mini I use for testing/developing purposes only, it's
intel on El Captain so if it's needed to build or test or verify anything
just ping me and I'll have no problems letting it work. It's just a bit
slow so last time it built WebKit took around 3 days doing only that.

Best Regards