About mozjs24 being built

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Apr 5 21:56:07 PDT 2016

On Apr 5, 2016, at 2:08 AM, Andrea Giammarchi wrote:

> Ryan it's like this: `sudo port install xorg-server` didn't install XQuartz, I had to manually download XQuartz and install it or no display was ever found.
> Once I've done that, everything was OK.

We need to be a little more precise with terminology:

xorg-server is the MacPorts distribution of the X11 server.

XQuartz, from xquartz.org, is a standalone distribution of the same X11 server X11 libraries, maintained by the same developer.

An older version of the same X11 server was included by Apple with OS X, maintained by the same developer.

Any of these can be used to access X11 applications such as several which can be installed with MacPorts.