How do I find out who requested a port?

Jeremy Lavergne jeremy at lavergne.gotdns.org
Wed Apr 13 16:42:59 PDT 2016

Check out port requested (or perhaps port echo requested if it isn't available in the first form).

If you asked for the installation explicitly, it'll show up in that list. Anything is an automatic installer to fulfill dependency requirements.

Note if the requested package was removed or never installed, the notrequested (another key word you can likely use in a port command) will say no dependents and not requested. These are called leaves and can be safely pruned: I believe there's a port to automate that removal, port_cutleaves.