php55 extension to use __()?

Jim Hu jim.hu.biobio at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 13:57:49 PDT 2016

Thanks, I should have provided more detail. The error I get is:

PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function __() in [path_removed]/libraries/sanitizing.lib.php on line 135

which suggests that the sanitizing.lib.php must be loading before libraries/sql-parser/src/common.php

But in common.php, the function definition is a fallback wrapped inside

if (!function_exists('__')) {
    /**
     * Translates the given string.
     *
     * @param string $str String to be translated.
     *
     * @return string
     */
    function __($str)
    {
        return $str;
    }
}

So it never gets defined if php can handle __() from a predefined library. Which makes me think that there are two issues.

- for MacPorts php, what do I need so that the function exists.
- for phpmyadmin devs, why common.php isn't loading first.

I'll try to find some support channel for phpmyadmin to submit the second.

Jim