Error: Processing of port qt5-qtwebengine failed (installing py34-pyqt5 on OS X 10.8.5)

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Apr 22 19:21:22 PDT 2016

On Apr 22, 2016, at 3:50 PM, Timothy W. Grove wrote:

> I'm attempting to install py34-pyqt5 on OS X 10.8.5. All seems to be going well until it fails on installing qtwebengine. Trying to install just this package on its own with the -v flag gives me the following output. Can anyone suggest what this is telling me or how to fix it? Thanks. (Xcode 5.5.1)
>
> Best regards,
> Tim
>
> Timothys-Mac:~ timothygrove$ sudo port -v install qt5-qtwebengine
> Password:
> --->  Computing dependencies for qt5-qtwebengine.
> --->  Staging qt5-qtwebengine into destroot
>

> Error: No files have been installed in the destroot directory!
> Error: Please make sure that this software supports 'make install DESTDIR=${destroot}' or implement an alternative destroot mechanism in the Portfile.

That message is intended for the developer of the port, and is something that would certainly have been resolved before the port was committed. The fact that this happened to you suggests something unusual is happening in your case. It's hard to know what, because you tried again without cleaning first; that might even be the cause of this error (and the real original error was lost by trying again without cleaning). So please "sudo port clean qt5-qtwebengine", then try again, then file a ticket in the issue tracker and attach the new main.log there, possibly compressing it first if it is large.

https://guide.macports.org/chunked/project.html#project.tickets