clang 3.4 can't be configured (part of a selfupdate)

Jeremy Huddleston Sequoia jeremyhu at macports.org
Mon Aug 1 01:07:10 PDT 2016

> On Jul 31, 2016, at 23:49, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:
>
> On Aug 1, 2016, at 00:40, [ftp83plus] wrote:
>>
>> El 2016-07-31, a las 16:30, Ryan Schmidt escribió:
>>>
>>> Could you also show us the CMakeOutput.log?
>>
>> Sure, here it is:
>> CMakeOutput.log
>> http://pastebin.com/XZ3WHA0F
>
> This again shows:
>
> ld: warning: ignoring file /usr/lib/libc++.dylib, file was built for unsupported file format ( 0xcf 0xfa 0xed 0xfe 0x 7 0x 0 0x 0 0x 1 0x 3 0x 0 0x 0 0x 0 0x 6 0x 0 0x 0 0x 0 ) which is not the architecture being linked (i386): /usr/lib/libc++.dylib
>
> libcxx needs to be installed with the universal variant prior to this step. I still think it would be a good idea if we made the libcxx port install with the universal variant automatically since not having it installed universal will cause problems like these.

Oh... because i386 is default on SL and cmake is likely not including -arch x86_64 ... ?

That sounds like a cmake bug, but we should figure out a good workaround.

libcxx depends on libcxxabi which depends on libunwind and libmacho.  We'd need to force all four to build +universal for that.

r150880

--Jeremy