Can't install pspp

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Aug 5 11:59:32 PDT 2016

> On Aug 5, 2016, at 1:55 PM, [ftp83plus] <gestos at ftp83plus.net> wrote:
>
> Wasn't libcxx supposed to be already +universal as per LibcxxOnOlderSystems?

Yes, it was. Its universal variant is default on now. Any idea why it was not installed universal on your system? Do you maybe have "-universal" listed in your variants.conf?

> Anyway, the upgrade variant command yields an error upon building gperf:
> http://pastebin.com/6UwSr7Cp

gperf is having the same problem:

:info:build ld: warning: ignoring file /usr/lib/libc++.dylib, file was built for unsupported file format ( 0xcf 0xfa 0xed 0xfe 0x 7 0x 0 0x 0 0x 1 0x 3 0x 0 0x 0 0x 0 0x 6 0x 0 0x 0 0x 0 ) which is not the architecture being linked (i386): /usr/lib/libc++.dylib

This seems like something of a circular dependency.

I don't think you should have encountered this problem, but I don't know why you did.