X11 and QD name space conflicts as they apply to webkit2-gtk on snowleopard

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 07:57:13 PDT 2016

Thanks, Dave

It seems as though Epiphany is a reasonable option to investigate for a snowleopard browser going forward (unless there is a better browser option I don't know about). So it appears worth the effort to try to get it functional on snowleopard.

If Epiphany can build without X11, that seems a great option - probably the best option I think -- I appreciate your looking into that.

Meanwhile, I'll poke around in webkit2-gtk-devel source and see if there is a place to insert what I assume is Jeremy's QD sanitizing code from xserver.

Will open a ticket on the build attempt as you suggest as soon as there is something to post. At this moment, most of the many  dependencies for epiphany install cleanly on snowleopard with +quartz-x11 , leaving only the following two as residuals left to install, both of which however require gtk3 +x11

gnome-desktop
libwnck3

Thanks again,

Ken