[KDE/Mac] another round of KF5 test-building please

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 01:31:38 PDT 2016

On Thursday July 07 2016 14:29:15 Kurt Hindenburg wrote:

Hello Kurt,

I was under the impression I'd already replied to this mail of yours, but cannot find any trace of that, so here goes again.

>Hi, first off, I want to thank you for doing all this work getting KF5 to work on Mac OS X.

You're welcome, as is anyone else who is interested in running KF5 software the way I'd like it to run (= as fully-featured as possible).

>I managed to install KF5-Frameworks and Konsole (my main reason).
>
>As far as building, there were only 2 issues:
>1.  kdelibs4support - easy enough to comment out the lines
>CMake Error at /opt/local/share/ECM/modules/ECMAddAppIcon.cmake:74 (message):
>  No ICONS argument given to ecm_add_app_icon
>2. ktexteditor - could not get it to build - core dumps - I was able to just remove ktexteditor since it doesn’t appear needed for Konsole

Are those still issues with the latest versions (frameworks 5.24.0 and applications 16.04.2)? To understand the ktexteditor bug I'd need to see at least the build log (preferably with build.jobs=1). As to the ICONS error: that suggests my recipe for generating the temporary icons failed for you. If you can still reproduce it, can you do

%> port clean kdelibs4support
%> port patch kdelibs4support
%> find `port work kdelibs4support` -name "*tools-report-bug*"

and send me the main.log file as well as the output from the find command?

Thanks,
René