MacVim version

Richard L. Hamilton rlhamil at smart.net
Mon Aug 29 13:51:53 PDT 2016

> On Aug 29, 2016, at 11:20, David Evans <devans at macports.org> wrote:
>
> On 8/29/16 7:38 AM, Richard L. Hamilton wrote:
>> Running AppFresh (checks versions against iusethis database...not always accurate but better than nothing) told me that MacVim's web site, as of 27 August, has 7.4r107.  Macports currently has 7.4r106.
>>
>> Naturally, I'm not going to grab an update for a packaged version directly from elsewhere...and certainly two days behind isn't bad.  Just passing on the info. :-)

> Thanks for the heads-up.
>
> MacPorts livecheck command agrees:
>
> $ port livecheck MacVim
> MacVim seems to have been updated (port version: 106, new version: 107)
>
> Best thing to do is open a ticket on Trac and copy the maintainer
>
> $ port info --maintainer MacVim
> maintainer: raimue at macports.org

I was looking at doing that, but first looked at what 107 provided, which was  vim patch 7.4.2275.  But when I googled for that, I already found mention of a bug in it:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/vim_dev/zAyFfZrmieU

So it might be worth waiting a few days to avoid that, assuming a numbered vim patch is made soon and the MacVim folks pick it up promptly.