A screenshot/webpage capture app like Shutter?

bunk3m bunk3m at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 12:48:22 PST 2016

On 06.02.2016 10:17, Clemens Lang wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Feb 04, 2016 at 10:58:45PM -0500, bunk3m wrote:
>> @ryandesign, OSX does a great job at capturing an image of the screen
>> but what I'm looking for is the ability to capture the content, links
>> and pictures of a webpage.  Most webpages are bigger than the screen
>> (in length) so the only way to capture using OSX screenshot is to
>> capture a part, scroll, capture another part and then join together
>> using Gimp/Photoshop.
>
> Firefox supports making screenshots of full webpages out of the box from
> the console:
>
> 1. Press Shift + F2 (might have to use Fn too, if you have multimedia
>     keys enabled)
> 2. Type "screenshot --fullpage" into the bar that appears at the bottom
> 3. Press enter, your screenshot will be placed in ~/Downloads
>
> Via http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13158083/take-a-full-page-screenshot-with-firefox
>

> AFAIR there are extensions that improve the UX of this process a bit,
> too.
>
> Note that this won't preserve clickable links. If you need clickable
> links, PDF is probably the way to go.

Thank you @Clemens & @arno.

I had no idea you could do that with Firefox.  Pretty cool!

FF does capture a png of the site page.  While a png is good, it will
not allow copy and paste of any of the text and as you mentioned, it
won't allow using the links.

I don't like using non-opensource, but it looks like only OneNote and
Evernote allow capture of the text, links and pictures.  Both allow the
links to continue to function and the ability to copy text.  I only wish
they worked consistently.  :-( SOHONotes was better ... when it worked.
  Sigh.

Thanks again everyone for your help!

B.