Trying to execute LibcxxOnOlderSytems (2nd ed.)

Eneko Gotzon enekogotzon at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 15:37:42 PST 2016

On Sun, Feb 7, 2016 at 1:05 AM, [ftp83plus] <gestos at ftp83plus.net> wrote:

> excuse me for double-post…

Your first message was received, but being me just an unskilled user I have
not dared to answer.

sudo port -v uninstall llvm-3.4 clang-3.4
> I get
> Warning: Failed to execute portfile from registry for llvm-3.4 @3.4.2_8
> --->  Unable to uninstall llvm-3.4 @3.4.2_8, the following ports depend on
> it:
> --->    cctools @877.5_1+llvm34
> --->    ld64-136 @136_2+llvm34

Because ld64-136 and cctools depend on llvm-3.4 MacPorts does not uninstall
llvm-3.4 to avoid the two dependent ports become "disconnected" and
therefore not functional.

You can force to uninstall llvm-3.4 but ld64-136 and cctools will be
"disconnected".

I think you also can deactivate ld64-136 and cctools and, subsequently,
uninstall llvm-3.4, but ld64-136 and cctools will be "disconnected".

These are just very basic explanations intended to help you understand what
is happening. Excuse me if they are obvious.

I hope you get a better help, as usually in this (wonderful) list.
--
Eneko Gotzon Ares
enekogotzon at gmail.com