Sending logs to the list (was: Guile is broken, again...)

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 01:28:21 PST 2016

On 12 February 2016 at 09:28, Christopher Jones wrote:
>> On 12 Feb 2016, at 2:54 am, Joshua Root wrote:
>> Dave Horsfall wrote:

>>> Yet another hoop through which to jump, in other words...  Should it be
>>> ZIP, Compress, or what?  Sigh, so many standards, and so little time...
>>
>> A link to a pastebin is a better solution. There are plenty of them out
>> there, and it's good netiquette to avoid sending attachments to an
>> entire mailing list.
>
> fair enough. I personally prefer compressed attachments, but concur the point as I might be a minority on that point.

In most cases (when problems occur) the log can be attached to a
ticket in trac. I would say that attaching the log to the trac (or
perhaps posting it somewhere else if it's only a short-term issue) is
better than getting large attachments in lots of emails, in particular
when most recipients are not even remotely interested in looking at
the attachments at all.

Mojca