Trying to execute LibcxxOnOlderSytems (2nd ed.)

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Feb 12 09:02:37 PST 2016

On Feb 11, 2016, at 9:06 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Feb 11, 2016, at 19:27, [ftp83plus] <gestos at ftp83plus.net> wrote:
>>
>> Hum, still fails:
>>
>> --->  Deactivating llvm-3.4 @3.4.2_8
>> --->  Unable to deactivate llvm-3.4 @3.4.2_8, the following ports depend on it:
>> --->      ld64-136 @136_2+llvm34
>> Error: org.macports.deactivate for port llvm-3.4 returned: Please uninstall the ports that depend on llvm-3.4 first.
>
> So uninstall ld64-136 @136_2+llvm34 first. Check the revised instructions in the wiki.

Sorry, the revised instructions I was referring to are the ones that were already mentioned by Jeremy earlier in this thread: to uninstall inactive ports.

The instructions appear to still have an error: step 5 says to rebuild ld64 with the +llvm37 variant, but ld64 doesn't have llvm variants; its subports do. You have rebuild whichever subport of ld64 you're using with the +llvm37 variant. In your case, that subport is ld64-136 so you need to run:

sudo port -v -n upgrade --force --enforce-variants ld64-136 -llvm33 -llvm34 +llvm37 configure.compiler=macports-clang-3.7

Then you can uninstall inactive ports, which will then include ld64-136 @136_2+llvm34.