Can't install webkit-gtk and gimp2 as xsane dependencies

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Sat Feb 13 12:45:50 PST 2016

On Sat, Feb 13, 2016 at 3:37 PM, [ftp83plus] <gestos at ftp83plus.net> wrote:

> Hello to all,
>
> I am trying to install xsane to access a shared scanner. However, it fails
> when trying to install gimp2 and webkit-gtk as dependencies.
>
> In the webkit-gtk log, the last lines show:
> :info:build Traceback (most recent call last):
> :info:build   File "./Tools/gtk/generate-inspector-gresource-manifest.py",
> line 18, in <module>
> :info:build     import argparse
> :info:build ImportError: No module named argparse

Could have used a couple lines before this to see which python is being run.

> And why would it try to add another Gimp version although I do have the
> Mac-native one installed?

Similar to https://trac.macports.org/wiki/FAQ#ownlibs
MacPorts cannot make *any* assumptions about any program you might have
installed from another source, if it wants to have any chance of
guaranteeing that something will work as intended once it is installed.